IMMERSIVE COCOON 2011
Homage to Stanley Kubrik – Teaser Film for the Immersive Cocoon
Broadcast: worldwide / vimeo
Production: Nau2 + Tino Schaedler
Shooting Location: New York
As an homage to Stanley Kubrick and a teaser trailer for the i-Cocoon, the ‘Immersive Cocoon 2011’ short film sets up an improbable encounter. In a scenario reminiscent of the penultimate scene from Stanley Kubrick’s ’2001: A Space Odyssey’, Keir Dullea – the film’s original lead actor from over forty years ago – encounters a mysterious object in his living room.
The baroque apartment from the original film setting, with its abstract grid flooring, was digitally reconstructed in meticulous detail. Live action was filmed multi-camera against a green screen set atop a backlit Plexiglas floor. Forty years later, Keir Dullea re-enacted his original role. His movements were then integrated into a custom-built, entirely digital set and rendered at 1080HD.
– Oliver Zeller, Director, New York
– Tino Schaedler, Production Designer, Los Angeles
– Steven Chand, Music & Sound Design, New York
– Quan Tran, VFX Supervisor, New York
– Ken Leung, Graphic Design, London
– Digital Architecture Award Mundos Digitales
– Best Architectural Film/Animation nomination CGarchitect.com Architectural 3D Awards 2012
– Official Selection Onedotzero Film Festival London 2011
– Staff Pick on Vimeo (500’000 views online)